2013年8月28日 星期三

Daily Promises That Create Motivation

People ask me fairly often how I've kept myself motivated to blog virtually every workday for the past six years. It's simple. I begin every day with the following commitments:

1. Creativity

Today I will make something new and different and thereby change the world for the better.

2. Resourcefulness

Today I will become strong by overcoming obstacles with persistence and flexibility.

3. Enthusiasm

Today I will permit myself to become excited in anticipation of whatever might happen.

4. Perceptiveness 

Today I will look beyond my preconceptions to see the truths that I missed before.

5. Appreciation

Today I will remember the miracle of conscious existence, which is all too soon over.

6. Sensitivity

Today I will remain aware of the emotions of others and how they interact with my own.

7. Relaxation

Today I will spend at least one hour doing something that's just because I enjoy it.

8. Happiness

Today I will do my best to remain happy, regardless of the circumstances of the hour.

9. Power

Today, I will use some of whatever power I possess in the service and for the welfare of others.

10. Health 

Today, I will take action to ensure that I'm in better health than I was yesterday or the day before.

11. Wonder

Today I will sit back and marvel at the unexpected, without which life would be boring.

12. Playfulness

Today I will express, at least once, the joy of the child who still lives inside me.

13. Gratitude

Today I will be thankful for all the wonderful things in my life: my family, my friends and, yes, my work.
Have a wonderful holiday and fabulous 2013!

GEOFFREY JAMES writes "Sales Source on Inc.com," the world's most-read sales-oriented blog. His new book, Business Without the Bullsh*t, will be published in early 2014. To get weekly blog updates, sign up for his free "Insider" newsletter.
@Sales_Source

沒有留言:

張貼留言